The Board of the Energy Market Regulatory Authority decided by its Resolution dated 2 April 2020 that the Corona Virus (COVID-19) epidemic is accepted as “force majeure” under Article 35 of the Electricity Market Licensing Regulation and Article 19 of the License Exempt Electricity Generation Regulation. Within this scope it has been decided that the following periods, which expired or will expire on and after March 10, 2020, will be extended for 3 (three) months:
- pre-license periods; pre-construction period and construction period within the scope of the generation license; or periods of delay for the obligations under the Temporary Article 15 of the Licensing Regulation,
- periods related to the obligations determined within the scope of amendments to pre-licenses or generation licenses,
- periods related to the obligations determined within the scope of the merger and division processes,
- periods related to the obligations determined within the scope of the issuance of a generation license as a continuation of the previous license,
- periods for completing the necessary information and documentation within the scope of the pre-license or license applications,
- periods related to the applications to be made within the scope of the second paragraph of Article 18 of the Licensing Regulation, and
- connection contract terms for the generation facilities to be established within the scope of the License-Exempt Electricity Generation Regulation.
This information is provided for your convenience and does not constitute legal advice. It is prepared for the general information of our clients and other interested persons. This should not be acted upon in any specific situation without appropriate legal advice. This information is protected by copyright and may not be reproduced or translated without the prior written permission of Ergün Avukatlık Bürosu.