A safeguard investigation has been initiated by the Ministry of Economy, through a Communiqué published in the Official Gazette on 5 April 2017, on the import of:
- new pneumatic tyres, of a kind used on motor cars (including station wagons and racing cars) (classified under HS code 4011.10),
- Rubber; new pneumatic tyres, of a kind used on buses or lorries (classified under HS code 4011.20),
- of a kind used on agricultural or forestry vehicles and machines (classified under HS code 4011.70.00.00.00),
- of a kind used on construction, mining or industrial handling vehicles (classified under HS code 4011.80.00.00.00), and
- others (classified under HS code 4011.90.00.00.00).
The Communiqué does not restrict the investigation to certain countries, but covers the import of relevant products from all countries.
The Safeguards Evaluation Board has also proposed to the Council of Ministers the adoption of a provisional measure of US$ 0.50/kg as additional financial obligation for a period of 200 days, by excluding the imports from developing countries for such provisional measure. The investigation period has been set as 9 months, with a possible 6 months extension.
The interested parties are invited to fill-in and submit the form available on the Ministry’s website (www.tpsa.gov.tr) within 30 days.
This information is provided for your convenience and does not constitute legal advice. It is prepared for the general information of our clients and other interested persons. This should not be acted upon in any specific situation without appropriate legal advice. This information is protected by copyright and may not be reproduced or translated without the prior written permission of Ergün Avukatlık Bürosu.